Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm a bad blogger!


Hello!
So, sorry I’m lazy and haven’t updated in FOREVER! In the past two months there has been little movement and I’ve felt kinda ashamed to come on here and say “ok another update…we are STILL working on our home study!”. And Im sure right now you are thinking, what the heck, you still aren’t done?!? Well if you aren’t going to admit it I will help you, I feel the same. Ive sat at my desk many days crying, wondering if we will ever get done with this portion. I mean come on, most people race through this phase but we just seem stuck! The crazy thing is that its not like we are having huge problems with our house or family history or anything like that. In fact our social worker didn’t have any issues with us and thinks we are a great family (see at least ONE person thinks it! ;0). I really can’t explain it except to say that it is God…well and a little procrastination by me! I know God doesn’t want us to hurt or stress about all this. I know He doesn’t want to see me get so frustrated that I am about to quit. No, I think God is slowing us down because this is HIS story, not just ours. You see God has this AWESOME plan that he is writing and working out for our family and my impatience is trying to get in the way!

Yesterday we got an email from our social work telling us that she is DONE writing our home study and now she is waiting for it to be approved and finalized! Twenty minutes later I received an email from a lady that wanted to buy one of our shirts! I was amazed by how God was working the little details of our adoption. Later that night we received a check in the mail from one of Chris’ sisters that was a late Christmas present that got lost in the mail from Chris’ grandparents. Again I was thankful for God’s blessings and reminders that He’s got this. Today a friend asked us about our shirts and bought one! I am blown away by God’s faithfulness to His promises! That’s almost $100 toward our adoption in less than 24hrs! That’s $100 closer to reaching our $7700 dossier submission fee! And for those that have given and/or supported us in any way so far, please know that even if we don’t say it enough, we appreciate each and every one of yall more than yall can ever know! You are helping us pay the ransom to free our children and you will forever be in our hearts!

So what now (I have been asked this a lot in the last 24hrs!)…now we wait for our home study to be approved and then we will send it off to the US government for them to approve it and assign us an appointment to get our FBI background checks/fingerprints. While we are waiting for that we are still working on more forms and paperwork (did I mention that I am a procrastinator??). Oh yeah and there is that HUGE dossier fee that we have to raise (look to the right to see how we are doing on that!). We are hoping to have all that finished in the next few months. Hopefully I will be a better blogger and keep yall a little better updated! I sincerely hope that you are having a GREAT week!

~Abbey

 “I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip, He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.” Psalm 121:1-4 

No comments:

Post a Comment